- This event has passed.
May 22 @ 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm EDT
We will meet at the YMCA in Lockport to accomplish the BSA swim test. We need to be on deck by 7PM so plan 6:30PM arrival for time to change and get on deck by 7PM
- Non YMCA can attend just tell the front desk you are with the scouts Troop14 and you will just be taking the Swim test with Mark
- Adult can also take the swim test and are actually encourage to do so
- There are 3 swim levels in scout. More information can be found at https://scoutsmarts.com/bsa-swim-test-guide/
- Passing the swimmer classification is First Class requirement 6A (old 9A described in the link above)
- Another 1st class requirement is 6e (line rescue). How to do a line rescure can be reiewed at the link below. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulprItPM8eg&ab_channel=ScouterRob
- Please bring to the swim test
- swim suit
- lock for locker (or share a locker)
A Swimmer can participate in all water activities without restriction (canoe, solo kyack)
Beginners need to be accompanied by a swimmer in a two person craft. A beginner can not canoe or kayak solo.
If you are a non-swimmer, you may ride in a rowboat or motorboat with an adult who is classified as a swimmer or you may ride in a canoe, raft, or sailboat with an adult certified as a lifeguard or lifesaver.
While taking the full swimmer swim test is not required until 1st class taking it sooner, if your able, let you participate in more activities. if you do not feel comfortable taking the full swimmer test you can take the beginner test. Again this depends on you ability and confidence in the water,
If anyone has question let me know