- This event has passed.
Corning Museum Of Glass
May 19 @ 5:00 pm - May 21 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
Fri May 19th
- 4 PM: Mr. Kerr will leave from his house with troop gear
- 6:30 PM Mr. Kerr arrives Scout Camp Gorton, Dundee NY. Check in set up camp. We are in Iroquois A
- EVENING: camp fire snacks
- We will NOT cook a dinner Fri night. Either eat before or bring a sub or sandwich. Your dinner is up to you
Sat May 20th
- 7AM Reveille (Wake up time)
- 7:00-8:15 breakfast cook & cleanup
- 8:30 AM depart Gorton for Museum
- 09:00 AM: arrive Corning Meusum
- ~12:00 Trail Lunch (Trail lujch is same as paper bag lunch. NO cookinbg required. Most common a sandwich & trail mix)
- ~5PM (ort later) depart Meseum
- Projects: can be done any time throughout the day. Not required. Troop will reimburse scouts up to $25/scout for cost of a project. Adult’s are on their own.
- 6PM Cracker-barrel (the restaurant) for dinner. Dinners to be paid individually.
- AFTER DINNER: return to Gorton tent overnight, campfire
Sun May 21
- 7AM Reveille
- Light breakfast. Pack/Load
- ~8:30 depart Gorton
- 9AM: return to Corning to pick up projects from Sat
- camp fees are paid by troop
- Mrs. Kerr bought an adult ticket but can not go. If any one still needs an adult entry ticket and wants to buy hers let me know
- Troop has cooking and troop gear. Individuals need their personal gear
- water bottle
- eating utensil (mess kit)
- sleeping bag
- head lamp or flashlight
- Troop has extra gear if anyone needs anything let us know
- If anyone can only make a part of the campout let me know. It’s about a 3hr. driver to Corning from Lockport
- If anyone is arriving late Fri I can pitch your tents for you while it’s still light out.
- We have not been to Camp Gorton before, not sure is sights have benches, bring camp chairs if you have them.
- Tenting: scouts can tent with their parents or another scout that is within 2 yrs age
- Dads/Males: they can attend. Only restriction is a girls troop needs at least 1 female leader for each activity.
If anyone has questions call, email, or text.