- This event has passed.
October 9, 2020 @ 5:00 pm - October 11, 2020 @ 11:00 am UTC+0$10
Troop 14G in association with Fantastic Fried of WNY and Nor-Ton Red Jacket Club will be sponsoring a Fantastic camporee. Scouts will be patrol leaders for patrols of guest with special needs. Our Special need guest will attend different stations to earn ‘badges’.
To comply with Current NYS DOH guidance we will have multiple sessions with each session having 3 patrols of 10 people each.
Scouts will camp the weekend and work on earning their Disability Awareness Merit Badge. Saturday they will be guides for patrols of special need guest.
Coat will be $10/person mostly to cover food and cleaning supplies for the weekend. We will need to clean and sanitize camp both before and after the event.
If troops are interested please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or single scouts can register for our camp-out using the Sign-up.
Troop 14G Committee Chair
Fri Oct 9th
- 5-6 PM scout arrive/ Check In/ Set up Camp
- 6-7 PM Dinner
- 7PM -10PM Disability Awareness Training
Sat Oct 10th
- 7AM Reveille
- 8 AM Breakfast
- 9-11 AM Session 1
- 11-12 Staff Lunch
- 12-2 Session 2
- 2-3 Siesta
- 3-5 Session 3
- 5-6 Staff Dinner
- 6-8 Session 4
- 8-10 Staff camp fire/Cracker barrel
Sun Oct 11th
- 7 AM Reveille
- 8-9 Breakfast
- 9-11 AM Camp Clean/Sanitize
- 11-12 Closing gathering/Depart
We will be the only group in camp that weekend. Therefore we have plenty of space. Some troops are holding meetings and some may be already doing other activities. Below will be some guidelines in place.
- A tenting area will be assigned to a troop. Area will be large enough to accommodate social distancing between and within troops
- Only households can share tents. Siblings or parents can share tents. Others can not
- Some troops have one man backpacking tents. Tenting by yourself will only be allowed with your home troops scoutmaster permission.
- Troops/Scouts will be responsible for providing their own tents.
- Scouts DO NOT need to tent camp. Donald F. Miller Park is only 20 min from Tops in Lockport. Scouts can come out Fri 5PM -10PM for training and setup, Sat 8AM-10PM for program, and Sun 9AM-12AM for cleanup. You will need your own transportation to and from. If Troops are participating, again your Troop DOES NOT need to stay overnight.
- We will NOT tent camp as one large group.
Depending on COVID-19 restrictions our meal plans may change. Below are the following guidance
- We will NOT eat en-mass in the chow hall.
- Meals will most likely be served buffet style or prepackaged by tent sites
- Meal will be eaten in your individual tent sites as a smaller group following social distancing.We may be able to allow some eating in the chow hall but capacity may be greatly reduced for social distancing.
- The health and safety of our guests is paramount. Mask, hand sanitizers, social distancing, group sizes, and other safety precautions will be in place.
- Temperatures of all scouts. Leaders, and guests will be taken upon arrival. The first stop for anyone entering camp will be the health check.
- If you have any fever symptoms or are feeling ill as the event approaches do not attend. Contact me.
- We will clean and sanitize the camp area we will be using both before and after our event.