Merit Badge Resident Camp
July 18 @ 8:00 am - July 24 @ 11:00 am UTC+0
Troop 5014 is looking into hosting a Merit Badge Week at Sam Wood or Dittmer . More info to follow.
Tentative format (pending COVID guidance).
- No food service. All cooking would be in camp sites at troop level
- Troops would be allowed to store their refrigerables in the camp walk in fridge.
- Merit Badges would be one badge-one day format. This would limit scouts switching between MB every hour.
- Scouts would be in their badge area from 9 am-4Pm (including a trail lunch)
- Again this minimizes scouts switching between groups every hour.
We need MB councilors.
- Each Merit badge will have 6hrs of time. (in one day)
- councilors can take those 6hrs to teach their badge as they wish. (breaks, activities, hands on)
- We do not expect (or want) scouts to be sitting for the whole sessions.
- MB councilors can offer their badge one (say a Monday) to one group or every day (Say Mon-Fri) to different groups.
- If you think this is something you can help with emaiol me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 716-982-1721