- This event has passed.
Erie Canal Canoeing/Kayak through Lockport Locks
July 17, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - July 19, 2020 @ 11:00 am UTC+0
- 6PM Camp Lombardi. 7215 Akron Rd. Lockport NY 14094 Pitch tent in back yard set up camp
- 7PM flags (I’ll get ours from the church)
- 8PM cracker barrel/bon fire
- 7AM Revile
- 7:30 AM breakfast (Patrol cooking back yard)
- 9AM arrive Erie Canal Discovery Center ($4 Each) https://niagarahistory.org/erie-canal-discovery-center/
- While scouts are at discovery center couple adults can preposition a couple of cars at Veterans Park.
- 10:00 -10:30 Depart
- 11:00 Launch Canoes/Kayaks at Amherst Veterans Canal Park. 1040 Tonawanda Creek Rd, Buffalo, NY 14228 Go east trough canal. Bring day pack and trail lunch.
- Its 12.5 miles (on water) from wide-waters to veterans park Amherst. Average canoe speed is 3/hr plus add an hour to get through canal.
- Take out at Wide Waters park about 4:30-5 PM car and trailer back to Camp Lombardi for dinner.
- 7:00 AM Revile
- 7:30 breakfast
- 10 AM depart
- Food $5/person
- Discovery Center $4/person (unless they have group rates)
- Canoe Rental from troop6 $3/person