For those of you who will go on the hike this weekend
- Meet at St. Johns Church Parking lot at 9AM.
- We will car pool to Chestnut Ridge park.
- 10:00 AM At Chestnut Ridge parking lot. Discuss hiking safety and procedures
- 10:30-11:30 Hike to Eternal flame. http://www.wnytrails.com/?p=24
- 11:30 AM Trail Lunch at eternal flame
- 12:30-1:30 Hike Back
- 2:00 Depart Chestnut Ridge
- 3:00 PM back to St. Johns
Couple of things to keep in mind when hiking.
- Preferably wear hiking boots, or at the least a sturdy set of sneakers.
- Water bottles are a must, you’ll get thirsty and want water.
- Bring a day pack. A day back can be a simple school backpack, it will hold your water bottle and trail lunch.
- A trail lunch/snack is a lunch or snack that does not need refrigeration or preparation thus making it suitable ‘for the trail’. Examples of a lunch would be a peanut butter sandwich. Examples of a trail snack would be nuts, trail mix, granola bars, or beef jerky. While this is just a simple day hike always bring simple food and water to be prepared.
- DO NOT wear shorts. We will be hiking in the woods and I’m sure everyone has heard of ticks and Lyme illness. Clothing that covers your skin is the best way to avoid getting ticks on you.
- We will try top get back as close to 3PM as possible. On the way back we;ll call rides in case we are getting there a bit earlier or later.
If anyone has questions please call, email, or text.